LAKE OSWEGO HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC HALL OF HONOR PURPOSE
The Lake Oswego High School Athletic Hall of Honor is to Select and Honor:
- Outstanding athletes who have distinguished themselves in their respective sports
- Coaches who have contributed significantly to the social, physical, and intellectual development of LOHS student athletes and/or to the excellence of the athletic program
- Teams that have set themselves apart by notable achievement
- Other individuals (e.g., administrators, community leaders) who have made outstanding contributions to the LOHS athletic program and/or who have contributed significantly to the development of the student-athletes who are selected as Hall of Fame members
- Criteria for selection include achievements while at LOHS, plus accomplishments in athletics and/or in other fields later in life
No candidate shall be considered until after five years following graduation of his/her class.
- Must have demonstrated exceptional ability in his/her sport
- Must have exhibited commitment, a strong work ethic, and leadership in athletic participation
- Must have achieved continued success in his/her sport beyond high school
- May have received athletic recognition (e.g., team captain, All-League honors, All-State honors, holder of school or state record, most valuable player award, participation in a major national or international athletic event, success as a professional athlete)
- Must have coached at least ten years at LOHS, with final season completed at least five years prior to nomination
- Demonstrated success as a coach not just with won-loss record but by positive, enduring impact on athletes, on the school, and on the community
- Created a culture of trust, caring, and respect – the core values that make LOHS an outstanding school
- Demonstrated ability to be a true educator to student-athletes, developing their character, self-responsibility and self-confidence
- Provided an exemplary role model through demonstrated integrity, work ethic, commitment, and sportsmanship
- May have been given specific recognition among his/her peer group (e.g., coach of the year)
- May have achieved impressive won-loss record and/or won state championship(s)
- Exceptional accomplishments at and above the league level
- Made significant impact and/or brought special distinction to LOHS athletics
- Established a school record or records
Any individual whose support of the LOHS athletic program over time has made a noteworthy impact to the program and to its student-athletes.
Oops! We could not locate your form.